Animation work

カイバ(KAIBA) - 2008
Kaiba was a 12 episode television series in Japan. Originally aired on WOWOW earlier this year.
Conceived, written and directed by Masaaki Yuasa (director of Mind Game, Kemonozume and Cat Soup among others). I had the privilege to work with Yuasa-San on Kaiba as well as Kemonozume.


Ep. 3, 5, 11 Layout and Key animation
Ep. 6 Background design, Storyboard ( A- part ) and animation director.
-----------

Genius Party - 2007 , Genius Party Beyond- 2008
Collection of original short films by some of Japan's most incredible directors.
Eventhough my part in this was small, as fan Koji Morimoto's work it was very exiciting to contribute to his film. Dimension Time Bomb (次元爆弾)an absolutely beautiful piece.
As well as Atsuko Fukushima's amazing Genius Party opening.
Produced by Studio 4C.
for more info check here...
http://www.genius-party.jp/beyond/index.html

-Layout, and Key animation

------------

Batman Gotham Knight (Have I Got a Story for You) - 2007
Directed by Shojiro Nishimi (Character Designer, and Animation Director for Tekkonkinkreet)
Nishimi-san didn't know too much about skateboarding, and so I had almost total freedom on my shots here. Was great fun!
-Layout, and Key Animation

-------------

TOKYO TRIBE 2 ending credit roll animation - 2005
I was given the opportunity by Mad House to create the ending 90 second animation. Often the ending credit segments are done by a single artist, and usually contain very little animation. Given almost total freedom on this, I decided to try and take the 90 seconds as far as I could given my time frame of about 7 weeks from concept to completion. While trying to give it life with more animation, a little story, and of-course... I had to fit the credits in there too.
I used After Effects and Final Cut Pro for the effects and editing.


------------

B'z Concert Visuals
This was a weird project. With less than one month, start to finish. I was tasked with creating a short opening concert visual for the Japanese pop duo B'z.
Eunyoung Choi assisted with key animation as well...
...thank-you Eun(^_^)
Photoshop, After Effects, and Final Cut Pro

-------------

HELLS ANGELS, 1st DVD, B-Part
A Mad House production.
-Layout, Key Animation

--------------

2004 Demo Reel

-content credits-
---NHK TV show opening- Character, Background design, 2D character animation
---Little Bill- Digital Design, secondary character designs
---Gundam Force- 3D layout, camera work, character animation, and manipulation of mo-cap data.
---Barbie- Digital Background Artist
---Shibuya, ToonCity- drawn concept design, 3d city modeler
--- and all the other weird paper textue characters and such... that was me trying different things